Friday, October 3, 2008

10/3/08

Dear friend,
My grandparents have always been the kind of people that don't ever do anything active. They spend most of their time sitting at homw watching TV or movies. I had never seen the side of my grandma that I saw last night... My family and my grandparents are going on a cruise over winter break for a week. My dad got a bunch of dance videos so we could learn to ball room dance. The night I got to see my grandma do this I have never seen her light up like ahe did. I literally brought tears to my eyes. This made me realize that you can never completely know a person you don't do a lot with.

Last year was one of the most dramatic years of my life. My best friend Tyler lost his thirteen-year-old sister to cancer. It happened so fast. Being with him through this tragedy and having him talk to me about it made our relationship grow and I knew we would be friends for life. The way he dealt with it made me see how strong of a person he is and always will be.

I am reading a book in class that talks about feeling infinite and I wanted to share what makes me feel infinite. The best feeling in the world is being out on the golf course on a nice warm day with four of my favorite people. These people are my dad, brother, and cousin Jim. At the end of October I am going to Arizona with them and I can't wait to feel infinite again.

No comments: